Welcome to Year 4. Since Christmas we have started learning about our new topic of "Innovation". The children have been looking at what innovation means and also developing their own innovative skills by designing their own musical instrument.
Please note that Year 4 PE has changed to a Thursday for Spring Term.
Please check here for latest updates.
Click here to view a list of useful websites to support the learning of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG).
Here is the presentation made to parents at the beginning of the term.
The children have written some amazing persuasive speeches by Beowulf, persuading his armies to follow him into battle against the dreaded monster Grendel! Look at some of their fantastic work below.
The children have received a letter from Hiccup the dragon tamer, asking them to create Wanted posters so that the people of Basingstoke are protected from the escaped dragon. They have created some amazing work!
We had a very exciting start to the year when the children became detectives, determined to solve the mystery of the dragon egg! They discovered the hatched dragon egg, slime, chewed books and burnt clothing as well as a map. After reading a news report about dragon eggs stolen from the Isle of Berk, the children started to make connections with what they had found. They have written to Hiccup, a dragon expert, for advice and look forward to his reply!
- Some members of year 4 attempted our first ever Top of the Rocks in TTRockstars today.
- We finished the week on the national leaderboard for TT Rockstars!
- We have one more day to go in the Rock Out for Maths England.
- A chance to learn about multiplication at Fairfields!
- There's a maths competition finishing on Sunday and a maths meeting next week.