2022 Admissions Open Afternoons for Parents will be held on 21st October, 25th November and 9th December at 1.30pm. Please call 01256 473886 to book a space.
Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Latest School Events Events
- Half term - school is closed26Oct2021
- Half term - school is closed27Oct2021
- Half term - school is closed28Oct2021
- Half term - school is closed29Oct2021
- Parents Evening03Nov2021
3:40 pm - 6:00 pm @ Either in School or via Zoom
Parents Evening is an opportunity for you to find out how your child is doing in school. You will have 10 minutes to speak to your child's teacher about their learning and to raise any concerns you may have. You will find out what your child's target is and how much progress they have made towards it. Please book your parents evening time via SCOPAY. The teacher can offer you the time slot either in person or via Zoom.