Open afternoons for 2020 pupil admissions will be held on 24th October, 28th November and 12th December. Please call the office to book a space.
Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Latest School Events Events
- 2M class assembly18Oct2019
9:00 am - 9:30 am @ School hall
Parents of children in 2M can come and watch their class assembly.
- Deadline for Christmas card designs18Oct2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm @ Class or office
Your child will have been sent home with a wonderful design which you can have turned into a Christmas card, wrapping paper, fridge magnet or key ring, blanks can be found in the office foyer if you want to do one yourself. Cash or Cheque payment only - Cheques to be made payable to "Fairfields Association". Many Thanks in advance PTA
- NSPCC Big Workout Fundraiser21Oct2019
The children will be completing a variety of activities during the day to raise money for the NSPCC. We are aiming to collectively run or walk 500 miles, complete 5000 ball throws and skip or jump 50,000 times before the end of the school day. All the children will take part in the event. Sponsor forms have been sent home and any donations are grateful. Please return any sponsor money to school by Thursday 24th October. Please send your child into school in sportswear for the day so they are ready for action!
- Open Afternoon for 2020 admission24Oct2019
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
We will be holding a formal Open Afternoon for children looking to start in Foundation Stage in September 2020. Please call the school office to book a place.
- Maths Parents' Meeting24Oct2019
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm @ Fairfields Hall
This meeting is for any parent who is interested but specifically for parents of children in year 2 upwards. We will be discussing times tables and how to support your child at home. Year 4 children will be taking the mathematics check this year (which is to be introduced nationally) so this meeting is highly recommended for parents with children in this year group.