Open afternoons for 2020 pupil admissions will be held on 24th October, 28th November and 12th December. Please call the office to book a space.
Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Latest School Events Events
- PTA Meeting26Sep2019
3:25 pm - 4:00 pm @ School Hall
Please join us for our first PTA meeting for this academic year. Looking to decide which events and when to run them. Also setting a date for the AGM where you can put yourself forward for - Chair, Treasurer or Secretary. Children welcome :)
- Hindleap Parent Information Meeting30Sep2019
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
More relevant information for parents for the residential trip.
- Parent Forum09Oct2019
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ At the school
Please do come along to hear a summary of the results for 2019. This will be an opportunity to hear about the results in more detail, to ask questions and also to help to agree priorities for 2019/20. Please ensure that you have read the summary document which will be published online in September before attending the forum.
- NSPCC Workshop14Oct2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Year 5 and 6 Workshops