Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Our School Calender
- These will be collected in by the teacher and stored until the afternoon of the market. Children in FS, Years 1,2 and 3 can bring up to £1. Children in Years 4,5 and 6 can bring up to £5.
- Tonight's meeting will be held in January
There are currently no comments.
Latest School Events Events
- Walk to school week16May2022
8:30 am - 20 may, 3:30 pm @ Fairfields Primary School
Join us by walking to school this week!
- Canberra's Class Assembly23May2022
2:40 pm - 3:00 pm @ On zoom
Canberra's class assembly Zoom code to be sent to parents
- Platinum Jubilee Big Lunch27May2022
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm @ School playground
We have moved the Big Lunch from the 4th June to the 27th May in the afternoon which is in term time. We are still in the early stages of planning the event but parents will be invited to have a special school lunch with their child and take part in a range of activities to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. School Council will be organising the event and more information will follow soon.
- Half term - school is closed30May2022
- INSET day - School Closed to Pupils06Jun2022