Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
To prepare the children of today to thrive and meet the challenges of tomorrow, by developing independence and resilience through a forward thinking and evolving curriculum, proudly reflecting our diverse community, inspiring and celebrating all achievements.
We are a vibrant, diverse and inclusive community, fostering a culture of learning and resilience, through a creative and pupil-centered curriculum where children are encouraged to take risks and learn from their mistakes, all within a supportive environment.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- .All children will recognise their value within, and contribution to their local, national and international communities as global citizens.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Our School Calender
Latest School Events Events
- SEND drop in appointments27Sep2022
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Parents can book an appointment through the school office.
- Meeting with parents of children who are due to start lessons with him27Sep2022
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ Online
Mr Timms would like to hold a meeting with parents who have signed up for music tuition this year. The meeting will take place on Zoom on Tuesday 27th September at 7pm using the code below. At the meeting Mr Timms will explain how the lessons work, how to access the HMS website, how to hire instruments, how to contact him and how to help and support your children with their learning and practice. To Join the Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/94812178566?pwd=U29KbGczTVFOaUw1NVZVTGJ6UWp3QT09 Meeting ID: 948 1217 8566 Passcode: 157507
- Year 2 Basingstoke walk28Sep2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Parent drop in with Mrs Hopkins or Miss Dillon28Sep2022
9:15 am - 3:00 pm @ Needs to be booked
We have allocated Wednesday as a time for you to book a drop-in appointment with Mrs Hopkins (am) or Miss Dillon (pm). These are 10 minute appointments which can be booked via the school office. You can attend the school in person or we can arrange to meet you online via Zoom. We can arrange the code and email this to you. If you require more time, please let the office know at the time of booking. Please note that this is an appointment to discuss concerns or queries which cannot be dealt with your child's teacher. If you would like to discuss your child's learning or progress, please speak to the teacher directly to arrange a time to meet.
- PTA AGM29Sep2022
8:00 pm - 8:45 pm @ Zoom - details to be emailed
This is the Annual General Meeting - ALL Welcome Come a long - find out what the PTA is all about, put yourself forward to be on the committee, give us some fund raising ideas or just listen :) Currently raising funds for the Library and playground. Looking forward to seeing you all there PTA