Parent Information Afternoons (1:30 - 2:30pm) for children starting in September 2021 - October 22nd, November 26th and December 10th - please find more information on the Calendar. You will need to click on the date to view the information.
Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
- We have promised year five children a last day treat of a cricket match.
- Friday 12th July
- The year 6 leavers book will be available to reserve and pay by cash or card after school on Friday. After this time cash will need to be paid into the office along with the slips you should have received earlier this week.
- 5W’s assembly will be on Friday at 9 a.m.
There are currently no comments.
Latest School Events Events
- Titanic outreach day: Year 204Dec2020
@ Year 2 classes
- Christmas dinner and non uniform day10Dec2020
12:00 am - 1:00 am
The kitchen will be serving Christmas dinner today for any children who want to order it. It will also be a day for children to come to school in non school uniform. They might like to wear partywear or Christmas jumpers if they wish.
- 2021 Admissions Open Afternoon10Dec2020
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Thank you for your interest in joining us for our open afternoon. We will be holding our Parents Information afternoon virtually using Zoom. To join the meeting, please take note of the following information and familiarise yourself with the APP prior to the meeting to avoid delays in joining. You can download Zoom onto your device at home using the following links: • To use Zoom to download onto the desktop client visit zoom.us/downloads. • You can also download it on your mobile device. This is the link for the app store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307 and this is the link for Google Play Store for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings&hl=en You can join using the link below: https://zoom.us/j/95346086368?pwd=dXBTbGRjbmkxUVBqR09sYUNUVGVmdz09 Alternatively you can join the meeting using the meeting ID: 953 4608 6368 if you are already familiar with using Zoom. Please contact the school Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place and they will send you a school prospectus and give you the password for the event. Please do not share the password with anyone.
- School Holidays21Dec2020
- Bank Holiday25Dec2020