Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
- Friday 18th after school
- PTA will be in the playground after school on THURSDAY 17th - Please only come to collect your prize at your normal allotted collection time. Please also bring with you your ticket with you for collection.
There are currently no comments.
Latest School Events Events
- Parent Workshop - All about Sentences! Year 1 and 2 parents24Jan2022
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm @ School Hall
Please do come along to hear about some of the ways we will help your child to secure their understanding of a sentence. There will be things that you can do at home to help your child. This will be held in the main hall. Please do ensure that you have no symptoms or take a test before attending. You may bring children to this event although it is aimed at parents.
- Parent Forum - What does the school do to manage challenging behaviour and what is Thrive?26Jan2022
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ Online
This will be an online meeting where we will share our recently reviewed behaviour policy with you. We hope that you will come along to help sculpt this. The meeting code for this event will be emailed out the day before the meeting as a reminder.
- Chinese New Year Celebration - Food and Family01Feb2022
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm @ Playground
- MyOn and Accelerated Reader Parent Workshop08Feb2022
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ Online
What are MyOn and Accelerated Reader and how can it help my child? We are holding a Zoom meeting to show you how to use MyOn at home and explain how we use Accelerated Reader at school. The Zoom code you will need is below. Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/99323762002?pwd=aS9jMEpqOEw5TkR5dERPa1A1UWdYdz09 Meeting ID: 993 2376 2002 Passcode: 881205 In the meantime, please watch the link below to show you how you can use MyOn at home. Your child's login and password is stuck in their homework book. https://share.vidyard.com/watch/6f2MCaN4B1eQNpuVK4QxnF?
- Half term - school is closed21Feb2022