Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Comments (3)Show Comments
Good morning! I hope that you are all well and safe. I was trying to to some work on Abacus with my year 2 Carla, but even with the new password that was sent some days ago, her account is not working. Didn't work yesterday as well. I keep getting the message that the account is locked. I just wonder if the problem can be solved anyhow. Sorry for the trouble. Have a good day and please stay safe! Sincerely Oana Alphonso School Response: Please try again using the password : fairfields1
I am trying to log into abacus for Max but it keeps coming up saying invalid username/ password I am using the following details: Username: maxhayn Password: 12345 School code: cmtj Can anyone provide any guidance Many thanks School Response: Please try again using the password : fairfields1
Dear School Admin/ Headteacher, I am the parent. I do not have access to School Jotter, can you please grant access to setup my account for accessing School Jotter to my email id please. School Response: You won't be granted access from the school. Please follow the instructions on the Zoom page on our website. Parents need to register for an account. We will send home meeting IDs starting from next week. The only session taking place this week is on Friday to meet the class online and agree protocols.
Latest School Events Events
- Miss Dillon's parent drop in sessions02Apr2020
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Make an appointment to see Miss Dillon.
- End of Term Celebration at All Saints Church03Apr2020
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Please come and join us to celebrate the end of term. We will be sharing art work on the theme of 'regeneration and transformation' to celebrate the end of the Spring term and to look forward to the Summer. Please remember that space is limited and so please try to avoid bringing pushchairs if possible.
- Mrs White's parent drop in sessions.06Apr2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Make an appointment to see Mrs White.
- School holiday06Apr2020
- Y6 Easter School08Apr2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Revision sessions for Year 6 SATs