Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Fairfields Primary School News
- Findings from the survey of the use of mathematics workbooks.
- Half term holiday club!
- Update on electrical fault
- Due to closing the school early today, we are putting some activities on the website for pupils to attempt at home.
- Year 5 arrived at school on Tuesday to discover that 5W's classroom had changed dramatically! A reproduction of Tutankhamun's tomb was waiting to be discovered...
Year 1: Helpers Needed!
Year 1 are looking for volunteers to help us by listening to children read in the afternoon. Volunteers need to be DBS checked. Any time you can spare, however small an amount, would be immensely valuable. If you are interested please speak to the office or directly to one of the Year 1 team.
Latest School Events Events
- Drama Club with Kevin24Jan2019
3:20 am - 4:20 am
Places for this club have already been filled. Please leave your name in the school office if you would like your child to take part in the club if a place becomes available. This club is for pupils in years 3 to 6
- Parent drop in with Miss Dillon24Jan2019
8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Year 3 trip24Jan2019
9:15 am - 11:30 am @ Basingstoke town centre
Town trail to visit local places of interest.
- Year 5 parent meeting for the residential trip24Jan2019
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ School hall
Parent meeting to introduce the residential trip to Hindleap Warren happening in November 2019.
- SEND Parent Drop in with Miss White28Jan2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
If you have a concern about your child having specific learning difficulties or a disability, this is a time for you to come into school to discuss this with our Inclusion Manager. Please could you make sure that you have already raised your concern with your child's class teacher in the first instance. Appointments can be made through the school office.