Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
Fairfields Primary School News
- Auditions for the talent show will take place at 2 p.m. on Monday!
- Congratulations to our newly elected Super Citizens!
- Plea to parents for all children to wear correct uniform and PE kit!
- The final figures are in based on School Council's toy sale at the end of last term.
- Year 5 recently had the opportunity to Skype one of Miss Warwick's relatives who lives in the outback.
Year 1: Helpers Needed!
Year 1 are looking for volunteers to help us by listening to children read in the afternoon. Volunteers need to be DBS checked. Any time you can spare, however small an amount, would be immensely valuable. If you are interested please speak to the office or directly to one of the Year 1 team.
Latest School Events Events
- Christmas dinner day20Dec2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Parent drop in with Miss Dillon20Dec2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Christmas jumper day20Dec2018
Children can wear their Christmas jumpers or any other jumper to school. Please ensure that they wear school uniform for the bottom half of their outfit.
- Carol Service at All Saints Church20Dec2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You are invited to join us for carols in the church. Please arrive so that we can begin at 2pm. Please note that numbers are limited due to the size of the church. Buggy and pushchair space is also limited.
- Talent Show21Dec2018
9:15 am - 11:30 am @ Hall
The talent show for years 4, 5 and 6 will be at 9.15 in the hall. The talent show for years FS, 1, 2 and 3 will be at 10.30 in the hall. This will be a house competition and auditions will be held during the week to select one act from each house per year group. The audience will be the children from the year groups participating.