Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Fairfields Primary School News
- Congratulations to our newly nominated Super Citizens!
- Toy sale in aid of Children in Need 16th November
- Winning house team
- Please protect your child if they are using Whatsapp.
- On Monday 15th October Foundation Stage enjoyed a fantastic Autumn walk around War Memorial Park with their Year 6 buddies.
Notices for Parents
- If your child is in foundation stage, year 1 or 2, please do come to our writing and phonics workshop on the 23rd November from 2-3pm.
- School photographs are on the 16th November.
- Please remember that if your child is planning on filling a shoe box for the shoe box appeal, please can these be in by the 31st October.
- Flu Vaccinations are taking place in school on the 21st November for pupils in Foundation Stage to Year 5.
Latest School Events Events
- Parent drop in with Miss Dillon25Oct2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- INSET Day29Oct2018
- PTA Halloween Party FS, Yr1 & Yr231Oct2018
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm @ School Hall
£3.50 a ticket party games, mini disco and trick or treat bags .... come and have fun - if you are DBS checked and can help on the day let us know ...Forms coming out on Friday or download a form from the PTA page
- PTA Halloween Disco Yr3, Yr4, Yr5 & Yr631Oct2018
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm @ School Hall
£3.50 a ticket or £5.00 to include hot dog - forms coming out on Friday or download from the PTA page food from 5.00 music & dancing from 5.30 - let us know if you can help