Opened in 1887, Fairfields Primary is the oldest school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Parents, grandparents and great grandparents all have fond memories of their time at our school.
Everything that we do is based on our four Core Values; Love, Respect, Honesty and Celebration. Our aim is develop resilient and confident children who are highly skilled and able to adapt to an ever changing landscape. These are also outlined below. For that reason, we have written a unique curriculum based on real experiences and high quality literature.
The pupils at our school play a huge part in school improvement. Our School Council consists of pupils in every year group who are voted in by their peers and who help to shape the direction of the school. Please see our School Council page with updates of their latest priorities.
Finally, we work closely with parents who have taken the decision to invest in our school by enrolling their children. We believe that parents are the most crucial element of providing an effective team around a child and we therefore expect them to be involved in school life, at every level.
The Aims of our School
- All members of the school community will treat each other with mutual respect,
- All children to be supported and challenged to achieve the best that they can which will be celebrated by the school community,
- All children will enjoy an exciting and inspiring educational experience,
- All children will understand how they can show love towards members of their community and have access to a safe and secure learning environment and good quality pastoral care,
- All children will develop the skills that will enable them to be successful citizens in a modern world this includes being an honest citizen,
- We will have strong links with local, national and international communities.
Each year we develop an action plan to improve areas identified from a range of information including performance data. Please click here to see the development plan for this year.
- UPDATE ... PTA will be in the playground on THURSDAY 25th APRIL running an Easter hunt & Chocolate Tombola, both 50p each - this is the postponed event that was rained off before the school holidays - hope you have room for a bit more chocolate!
- Don’t forget that year five are dressing up on Friday to recreate a Victorian factory.
- The winning house teams this term are Dragons and Griffins!
Latest School Events Events
- Parent drop in with Miss Dillon25Apr2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- PTA Easter hunt and egg tombola25Apr2019
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ School playground - place weather dependant
Looking forward to seeing you all in the playground .... 50p a go to enter the quiz and 50p a go for the tombola. Find the picture and spell the word - collect your answer sheet and search the playground - hand your sheet back in and select your choice of a Chocolate or Sweetie prize. 50p a ticket for your chance to win an easter egg!
- PTA Freddies club Easter hunt and egg tombola25Apr2019
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm @ School playground - place weather dependant
So the Freddies club children can run around freely to do the hunt we will run the same activities after the main event - we just ask for you to pay prior to Thursday so we can ensure we have enough prizes for those children who want to participate :)
- 4CM Class Assembly26Apr2019
9:00 am - 9:20 am
- SEND Parent Drop in with Miss White29Apr2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
If you have a concern about your child having specific learning difficulties or a disability, this is a time for you to come into school to discuss this with our Inclusion Manager. Please could you make sure that you have already raised your concern with your child's class teacher in the first instance. Appointments can be made through the school office.